Saturday, August 15, 2009

Look Babe, I fixed it!!




Yes, we bought a new(to us) car. That's a saga all in itself, you'll have to ask about that one in person. However, it came with a nifty media package, but the audio of the DVD player didn't come through the car speakers, it only went to the wireless headphones. But the previous owners said it used to work and they aren't sure why it stopped. So now that we officially own the thing, I dove in to see what was the matter. The hardest part, of course, was getting the blasted factory radio out of the dash. I even googled how to remove it but the explanation I found didn't warn of the fact that if you push the hidden tabs the wrong way you'll actually engage an anti-theft feature that makes it even harder to get out. RRRR!!!!

Once I got past that issue, the cause of the problem literally fell on the floor. It ended up being the plastic fuse holder that goes to the inline FM transmitter. It was cracked and not connecting the two ends together. So the DVD audio never got transmitted into the radio because the FM transmitter never got power.

So we are now a new fuse holder away from melting our kids brains while driving in the car!!! Now we can play the "Name the movies playing in the cars on the freeway" game in both directions. Oh, and I think the radio looks better this way. This look is IN!

4 comments:

Conner said...

You are a nerd. You know that? Hope things are going well for you guys.

Jessica said...

Looks like fun, and nothing that I would ever want to do! How exciting for a new car though! It was fun to talk to you the other day Emily! Good Luck with the costumes!

Julie Baldwin said...

I always thought you'd be the type that would try and "melting your kid's brains while driving in the car." If you melt their brains it will probably make a bigger mess than pulling that thing out of the car to fix that other little thing.

Anonymous said...

I still dont get how you would melt their brains, but then again, I am little slow when it comes to jokes, lol! That is awesome that you got a new car, I hope you are enjoying salt lake!