This has to be one of the most interesting valentine's days that we've had. Ok, it was pretty normal for me, but quite the rodeo for my wife. According to Em, it all started with her waking up to our two year old, half naked, trying to take care of her poop, while on our bed....GOOD MORNING!! Then I guess our son came in complaining that his foot was bleeding! He had sliced his foot open from a kitchen sink trim that I thought would be ok for him to play with. Oops! She told him to hold a new diaper up against his foot, to stop the bleeding, while she worked on cleaning up the mess left by our daughter. Oh, and by the way, this all came after maybe 2 hours of sleep, as #3 didn't care to sleep much the night before. THEN she had to take them all to the doctor. #3 had her 2 week appointment, so everybody came along. Em forgot the PKU test packet and had to wrap up that doctors visit, just to go home, and go back to the doctors a few hours later to get the test done. Needless to say, it has been quite the eventful day for my wife.
So what do you get a girl for valentines day, when her day has been like that???? Well, I helped out as much as I could for dinner, we bathed the kids, had family night and sent the older two quickly off to bed. Only to look around the house at the millions of things that needed to be picked up, washed, put away, etc... However, #3 was sleeping, so I put our sleeping bags on top of our bed and sent Em swiftly off to it. I told her don't worry about the dishes, or poopy sheets, etc..., I'll take care of them. So here I am trying to put our house back together, while hopefully my valentine is getting some very overdue sleep. Never a dull moment!! :-)
2 comments:
WOW what a day!! I have had those and it is wonderful when a loving hubby takes care of all the leftovers at the end of the day! :) Way to go!! Congrats on the new one -she is precious!!
What a crazy day. I can't believe it. Way to go letting Em get some much needed sleep. I hope Tuesday was a better day.
Post a Comment