Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Men at Work


Today I wish to give a special thanks for all of those who go above and beyond their job responsibilities to show kids that it is fun to work. For example, the Garbage Man who waved hi and then picking up the next trash can so we could have a better look. The Bus Driver who joked around with the kids on the bus and then gave them reading assignments as they got off. The Grocer who, while stocking the milk, kept "mooing" until Zach noticed and then explained what he was doing. Our list could go on and on. Well today the award goes out to a City Utility Worker who showed off the "tractor" during his lunch break. Did you know that if you drop the bucket you can pick up the front wheels and make them dance? I am grateful for the moments and people who show our child it is fun to work.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That is fun. Yes I do know that about the tractor and making it dance. My dad has a small tractor, and Rich has had it for the last couple of months, and doing a dance with it is his favorite past time. That is awesome that there are people like that, that take the extra time, and go out of their way to make someone elses day!

Anonymous said...

I agree, that is so cool, I love it when people try to make my daughter smile!

Tawnya said...

That is really cool. I think generally people have a soft spot in their hearts for kids.

Mamalissa said...

Is that big hole in the ground in front of MY house? One day they will realize that its cheaper to fix the entire street than to do it in patches!!! It is nice that the worker was friendly though. I bet it made his day too :)

Babydoll said...

It is nice when people go the extra mile. And it is nice of you to recognize it and say thank you in this way. I have a gorcery store I ALWAYS go to, because there is a grocer stocker that is so nice to my boy!