Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Boys and their toys...


Today I decided that our lawn needs to be mowed. My only problem is that I cannot for the life of me start our lawn mower. Not that I am sissy or anything, cause I have seen some guys struggle with it, it's just that the lawn mower doesn't like me. Peter can get it to go without even putting up a fight. I fight and LOSE every time.

So this morning Peter started it for me. To get it warmed up. The only catch was that he needed to go to school, and I needed to take him. So when Zach and I got back we went outside to try the mower. No luck. I put some more effort into it with the result of the pull string breaking. This freaked Zach out sufficiently that he decided to step back some more. :) Well, we tied the string back on and tried again. Zach even tried (which was so cute by the way). But the lawn mower hates me and so it wouldn't start.

Now, Peter did suggest that he could just mow the lawn when he got home today, but that means I don't get a chance, and I like to mow our yard.

Well, later on the neighbor came to see if they could borrow our lawn mower. I said sure, if you could get it to start, and then I explained our morning. Well he did and then mowed our lawn; pretending not to hear my protests. What's with boys and mowing the lawn? Since I am pregnant I decided not to protest to long, but one day I will mow our yard with a lawn mower I can start. Perhaps I should buy a manual one so that it is not cool for the boys. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, life can be pretty stressful and frustraiting for a pregnant woman.

Jessica said...

I completely agree. I can do the exact same thing that Rich does, and it does not work for me. It drives me crazy. I still want to come by and see your room, hopefully this week, if that works for you!

Tawnya said...

You are hilarious. I can picture you out there, with your cute belly and Zach standing back, trying to start a dang lawn mower. Thanks for the great image!

Babydoll said...

I can't believe you want to mow the lawn while being so pregnant and having a little one to chase around. I might need some of that energy when I decide to have another one! Or maybe keeping busy is the only way to stay awake?

Lael said...

You are a lot braver than I am to even try stepping in to the realm of 'lawn mowing'. I'm glad that my girls had the opportunity to mow the lawn. More than once I have wondered if I could mow the lawn, but have assumed I probably could never get it started. I really would like to try some day!